Saturday, December 10, 2005

Top 10 of 2005

Since it's nearing the end of the calendar year I figured it's as good a time as any to choose my top ten records of 2005. Only problem is, I can only come up with nine. Perhaps I'll post another list when I think of that one last record that I've listened to as much as these other nine, but here are my top ten minus one of 2005 as of right about now ...



1. E.S.T. Viaticum (ACT)
2. KNEEBODY Break Me (Greenleaf Music)
3. WASILEWSKI/KURKIEWICZ/MISKIEWICZ Trio (ECM)
4. TORD GUSTAVSEN TRIO The Ground (ECM)
5. CHRIS CHEEK Blues Cruise (Fresh Sound New Talent)
6. DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE Plans (Atlantic)
7. COLDPLAY X&Y (Capitol)
8. AVISHAI COHEN At Home (Radaz)
9. BENEVENTO/RUSSO DUO The Best Reason To Buy The Sun (Ropeadope)

LISTEN: Top 10 of 2005 Podcast (15.8mb)
Musical samples of each of the above.

No comments: